The office of the DIPRO is situated at Tarun Ram Phukan Road, Panchmore, Dhubri. Administrative Set-up of the Department.
The following administrative Establishments of the Department of Information and Public Relations are in existence in Dhubri to administer, supervise and look after the day to day activities of the Department.
The office is presently headed by --
Contact No. 03662 232849(O) / 91-9101322903 (M)
The other office staffs are as follows --
The office is situated at Tarun Ram Phukan Road, Panchmore of Dhubri Town and was established in the year 1962. At that time it was office of the DIPRO of Goalpara District at Dhubri and first DIPRO was R. Bezbaruah. After bifurcation of the district in the year 1983 G N Das became the first DIPRO of Dhubri District in 1st September’1983.
At the Sub-Divisional level the responsibility is lying with the Sub Divisional Information and Public Relations Officer (SDIPRO).
The Duties of the Office of the DIPRO :
1. The Department of Information and Public Relations which is popularly known as JANASANYOG has been working as the mouthpiece of the Government to reach to the people and to inform the Government regarding the public opinion. The Department is the linkage between the Government machinery and the people.
2. Dissemination of news, features, photos and articles regarding developmental schemes, relief, disaster, law and order and other programmes through print and electronic media of all important events.
3. District and Sub-divisional Information and Public Relations Officers are entrusted to function as ear and voice of the Government in the field level. These officers frequently organize various exercises to generate and mould public opinion in support of the policies of the Government through means of audio visual media etc.
4. District and Sub-divisional Information and Public Relations Officers also have the responsibility of preparing Speeches, Messages etc. for VIPs on all the important occasions. Moreover, coverage of Government functions and VIP programmes are also done by them.
5. The DIPRO and SDIPRO functions 365 days throughout the year and prepares, handles and disseminate official news backed by photographs, where necessary to the print and electronic media. Clarification etc. against faulty news and views published in the media are issued by them.
6. Creates Awareness on social issues like Communal Harmony, Unity, Women Empowerment, and Maintaining of Peace & Order in the society etc.
The main activities of the Office of the DIPRO:
1. Public Announcement through Fixed Loud Speaker System (FLS) at HQ : The Fixed Loud Speaker System (FLS) of the Department is one of the direct media through which any kind of information and notices which has public utility is regularly transmitted easily and directly to the people. At Present there are 47 unites of horns are functional in the Dhubri Town. There are some expansion planes of FLS under active consideration of the Govt. of Assam to cover more people of the town.
2. Village Level FLS: The FLS system Has been installed in 35 Gaon Panchayats under Dhubri Subdivision by this department for utility of people of village areas since 2007. These were handed over to the respective GPs for announcements of deferent Govt. Schemes & Programmes etc..
3. Sabdajyoti Achoni: The department has provided PA (Public Announcement) System to the 33 HS & Secondary Schools in the district under the Scheme of Mukhyamantrir Sabdajyoti Achoni in the 2014. All are functioning.
4. PA system: Public Address System has been regularly provided to all Govt. meetings, seminars, field programmes and functions. Public Address System has been also provided free of cost to non Govt. programmes other than the religious and political nature.
5. Mobile Announcement: The office is fully equipped with the facilities of Mobile Announcement When & Where required. It becomes very much useful and essential to communicate with the people of remote areas.
6. News Paper Reports: All important news appeared in the Newspapers irrespective of all activities in the District constantly monitored and Clippings of news and views are regularly made available to the Deputy Commissioner for his appraisal. This task has been done on the same day of publication, possibly within first half of the day on every working day.
7. Dissemination of Information: Disseminating official news & information backed by photographs, where necessary, to the print and electronic media though Press release, Advertisement, invitation card, phone call, SMS, Notice Board etc.
8. Coverage & Publicity: Coverage of Government functions and VIP programmes are also done by this office within the district. Field publicity activities have been maintained to ensure positive public opinion for smooth implementation of welfare and developmental schemes. The Department of Information & Public Relations at Dhubri has been making all – out efforts to popularize the development schemes, plans and policies of the Government and for enlisting people’s constructive co-operation in their successful implementation.
9. News Broadcasting: Transmission of AIR Assamese news is done every evening at Dhubri & Bilasipara Town through our FLS on availability of Electricity and clear wave transmission.
10. Information Centre: Information Centres are there at DIPRO and SDIPRO offices with sufficient books and reference materials which are meant for both discerning and general ones interested to know the various facts of the District as well as state.
11. Press Liaison: Liaison of Press & Electronic media persons is done by this department. The office provides Govt. Recognised Identity Card to media persons by following proper procedures and other incentives under prevailing beneficial schemes for journalists. The office also provides other security cards to the local reporters for coverage of VIP/ VVIPs programme, if required.
The Media has been playing a pivotal role in successfully backing and supplementing the administrative efforts for peace and progress in the District by moulding public opinion through sustained and well-coordinated exercises of the Department.
12. Creation of Public Awareness: Organises Public/ Awareness meetings cum cultural programmes on some special occasions, like National Press Day, Koumi Akta Week etc. The Department has been constantly endeavouring to forge greater progressive unity and harmony among all communities and all sections of people of Dhubri district through sustained and subtle use of all modes of PR exercises.